Thursday, June 10, 2010

DAY TWENTY: URBANDON

"The Count of Monte Christo rides to his beloved"


"Freedom to be his true self"


"These pieces are all about (urban) protection. Alhough some of them could stop a bullet, what protection do we have against the evil eye? invasion of personal space, facebook privacy? government internet filters?"

~~~
These beautiful pieces of jewellery are by an artist who calls himself Urbandon. Urbandon scavenges for junk metal and obscure findings creating machines that transport him in time and space, I think he took me for a ride when I discovered his page.... His fascinatingly wearable curiosities are created uniquely using items that range from bird bones to egg beaters. I wear spoons on necklaces, but this stuff is just gorgeous. Its an aesthetic that I associate with.

IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE, SHE SMILES.
(GET LOST IN IT HERE)


2 comments:

  1. you have done him proud.

    Thanks for loving him and his work,

    I think he is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the praise. Loving our blog. Regards, urbandon

    ReplyDelete